Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Ambassador Has a Brand New Bag

The Ambassador has been gone so long I assumed he was in Afghanistan overseeing the elections or in France with Sarkozy drinking wine and signing contracts for the Super Hadron Collider.
But it was much more mundane.
He was brought low by a virus and told to stay away for at least 4 to 6 weeks.
Many students struggled to begin without the expert advice of the Ambassador.
But he is now back and in full swing.
To celebrate the return, a new speed bag, tight, hard and fast was recently installed.
Tonight he tested the speed bag and made it sing.
The new students will benefit from his return.
He knows the ropes and takes each new student through the routine with extreme patience.
Only one issue, he has developed other interests and he is young.
I am curious to see if he will be diverted from the life in the gym to the life of work and the life of “Luv”.
I am sure he will never fully desert the gym; it is in his blood.
His blood runs three parts “heart” and three parts steel.
The Ambassador has too many “sisters” and at least one really older brother of whom he is really fond of saying “Out of 100 you are the better part of 60 to my 30” and so we keep pushing each other to newer and higher levels of work.
I wish him much “Luv and Laughter” in his other interests but I certainly hope the steel in his blood keeps him in the gym.
I need someone that I can match bench press for bench press and chin up for chin up.
See he is now more than Ambassador, he has become my “little brother” and the best source of competition is always the younger brother.
So watch out little brother, the speed bag is trying to sing for me.

No comments: