Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Sometimes Lie

Wow! What a statement.
Spinning Class 4/14/2010, two extra bikes so tonight I get to play.
The trainer trusts that I will give it my all and put the tension where I am challenged.
Anybody can ride for an hour with no resistance.
I have grown to trust the trainer who by the way is the timer, she lets us know how far we have to go, sets the pace and pushes us to our limits if we are trustworthy in our effort.
This trust thing goes all across the exercise spectrum, (i.e.) “Hey, I’ll spot you” and then as the muscles fail the weight comes crashing down bouncing off of the chest or the floor and the statement, “Man I have always wanted to see acute muscular failure”.
So tell me that before I bounce a weight off of my chest.
You can bet I will never trust that spot again.
So tonight, “One more minute and we are finished, everyone up and give it your all.”
The minute ends and the statement, “Really we have three more minutes; I guess sometimes I lie”.
Don’t say it is so.
I have placed you on a pedestal beyond mere humans and you are telling me you sometimes lie.
Well I will rationalize this one for you. Sometimes you have to lie because you can see that we are like Pavlov’s Dogs and begin coasting thirty seconds before the end; the mental bell has gone off.
But here is a better suggestion, I know for a fact that the count is always more than stated, I know the minute turns in one and one half or two and there really is no end as there is always one more set of heel punches or at least one more set of side planks.
So don’t say, “I sometimes lie” instead say, “you certainly didn’t hear that from me”!
Who in their right mind will ever question that, at least out loud?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken,
I liked the blog. Are you working out a lot?

How do you get the comments box to show up on your blog after each post? Let me know...email me please...elisha3@hotmail.com

Tim and I started one called: philandtimpaintoutdoors.blogspot.com

check it out.