Sunday, February 20, 2011

Once Upon A Time In Mexico

The last two weeks were spent in Mexico.
I love Mexico, especially the Baja Peninsula.
The weather in February is spectacular.
The Bay of Cortez is filled with Gray Whales and Humpbacks.
The catch of the day can be Tuna, Dorrado, Mahi Mahi, Snapper, etc.
The sun shines every day.
The sunsets literally take your breath away.
A full Moon in the Baja screams love and dancing the slow songs.
The desert while arid has a beauty all it's own.
The Mexicans are truly the best artisans I have ever witnessed.
The stone work, tile work, architecture, pottery and art are incredible.
I really believe I could get lost in the Baja and stay forever.
Here is the rub.
I need to exercise, I need my endorphins.
I guess I could lift rocks and run hundreds of miles but in the end I love the gym.
The resort, Fiesta Americana, has a gorgeous gym, weights, treadmills, ellipticals, machines, mats and all sorts of equipment.
The one thing they don't have is Sparta.
It takes a "wicked person" pushing you beyond your limits to make progress.
But in the end it is a personal issue to succeed, so do 15 Intervals, run 9 miles and hour for 2 minutes and then walk three miles and hour for one minute and repeat the sequence 15 times.
That will begin a good sweat.
Next go to the free weights and push yourself to do the most weight you have ever done without crushing your skull.
Then drink 15 gallons of water and skip all Margaritas for the week and get ready to re-insert into regular life------------
but wait--------anybody willing to get lost in the Baja,
Give me a call, maybe it can be arranged for the rest of our lives.

3 comments:

Charlie Spear said...

Let's go. Spring Break is coming. Week of March 15th.
I don't have A passport.

Sheila said...

I could easily get lost in a place like you described...without all the exercising though. :-)

Sheila

Sheila said...

I could easily get lost in a place like you described...but without all the exercising. :-)