Monday, February 21, 2011

22 Grams of Protein

I am trying to refine my diet to achieve ideal weight but the goal of 160 pounds continues to elude me.
My shirt size has gone from XL to M.
My waist size has dropped.
I feel good but would like more mass and 18 pounds less fat.
So what is the right amount of protein intake per day?
Most of the formulas would suggest 105 to 145 grams of protein a day for someone exercising at my intensity level.
Until you try you would be surprised at how hard it is to eat 130 grams of protein a day without a lot of protein shakes and those don't satisfy the need to chew.
Then someone put me onto Greek Yogurt, still not really chewable, but with a thicker consistency.
I found one with 15 grams of protein per serving until a friend told me about a Greek Yogurt with 22 grams of protein per serving.
It is expensive but it tastes good and goes great with whole grain granola.
Cottage Cheese has 15 grams of protein per serving, the addition of fish 4 oz. (22 grams of protein), chicken or turkey 4 oz. (19 to 20 grams of protein) rounds out the daily intake along with a protein bar that supplies 31 grams of protein------- protein intake 90 grams plus a 40 gram protein shake, a grand total of 130 grams of protein per day.
80 oz. of water, a large dose of fiber along with fruits and vegetables still leaves me trying to figure out how to lose the next 18 pounds.
If only Red Wine was high in protein and boosted metabolism, then life would be grand.
It probably was and did in the Garden Of Eden but that is a whole other story.

No comments: