Thursday, March 17, 2011

So Now I Have to be a Gymnast?

Just imagine that I am hanging from a High Bar and have been able to hold my legs up in the “Pike” position, (curved like a U with feet higher than my head).
Now further imagine that I am able to rotate my legs from the hips, first to the right and then to the left, 15 times each side for a total of thirty rotations.
This is one of the “ab” exercises that Sparta has surfaced as a new challenge in the gym. (This same exercise was also featured in the movie, The Fighter)
I have to work on this one and basically become a gymnast.
I have started hanging from a high bar, raising my legs at the hip until my feet are above my head and then I try to hold this position for at least 15 seconds and try to repeat this 15 times.
This is a chunk of work and as of yet I remain unsuccessful.
The second new “ab” exercise is just as wicked.
Imagine lying on a bench with just the back of your head, neck and shoulders touching the bench while your body is at a 45 degree angle, suspended on a hope, a few fragile ligaments and mainly muscle.
The shoulders, neck and especially the upper “abs” all feel the pain in this exercise.
Supposedly, the local record for this exercise stands at 45 seconds.
This also requires one to become a gymnast.
The question, can you become a gymnast at age 46 (transposed 64).
I think, yes, Hell Yes.
It is interesting, the amount of pain one can endure, it is s lot more than anyone would expect and becoming a gymnast does require some pain.
I guess I have always wanted to be a gymnast and now I have the opportunity at 64 (transposed 46) or 8 which is the square root of 64 or 24 which is the product of multiplying 6 times 4.
Hell, who really needs to know the age at this point, once you have decided to get it done.

No comments: