Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Hat Is Back

The Cat In the Hat
The Mad Hatter
All essential elements in the story being told.
So now "The Hat” has returned to wander down this “rabbit hole” known as Boot Camp.
He has been more invisible than even the Cheshire Cat and I must note here; the Cheshire Cat has again become a paragon of attendance.
The “Hat” ran through all of the routines today.
The attitude of relaxation is the key characteristic of "The Hat”.
He doesn’t groan, get ruffled or walk away but just plows through each exercise with the intensity befitting a well-trained athlete.
I keep looking for him to sweat but I guess that isn’t something he does.
He is quick and fast on the mitts and doesn’t seem to like Mr. Heavy Bag as he punishes it with repeated body blows.
His laps are quick.
This is something everyone in the class appreciates, as that is frequently the timer for moving to the next station.
Today a new wrinkle was added in that the chair squats became the count, seventy-five, butt on chair before anyone got to move to the next station.
Sparta even made a point of saying, “I don’t want to see the ugly I have been witnessing with those squats on that first round”.
The class is much bigger now and the number ranges as high as twenty so it is quick and very little rest is afforded.
Missing for a long period makes it hurt all that much more when coming back.
So now "The Hat” is back bringing new dimensions to this party in the “rabbit hole” known as Boot Camp and needs to stay because then it won't "hurt" so much next time; or it could hurt worse.
It all depends on Sparta.
But gosh, now I can hardly wait till Alice and the others show up.

1 comment:

Meg said...

So "The Hat" is my husband...does this mean I could be Alice? I have not attempted to come to Boot Camp as it is too intimidating of a class for me. I am normally leaving my pilates class while all of you from Boot Camp are climbing the stairs w/ weights. I had ankle and knee surgery this past summer and my leg is still pretty weak so maybe once I gain more strength, I might check out the class. However, it seems a bit too hardcore for me. "The Hat" told me how you had heart surgery and lost a lot of weight so I applaude you for taking the steps to get into shape. I'm sure you could run circles around me...with the weights of course!