Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Famous Quote

My mouth stood agape,breathing was tough, my brain had already checked out, my legs barely supported me and I was fearful of trying the steps.
I had just finished one and one half hours of the worst Spin Class I had ever attended.
My question, “What the hell was that all about”?
“You may not be able to outrun your demons, but you can sure make them pant”.
My next question to myself, “Why do I have to “exorcise” your demons”?
This, I guess, is the price you pay for intersecting with another human.
We all have our demons.
I have had many, some so potent, nearly scared me to death, but in the end a friend always showed up and helped me exorcise my demons.
So, there is the answer to my question.
A true friend, no matter the cost, attacks your demons and well as his/her own.
Unfortunately, it was decided to attack the demons in spin class and that included a lot of hills, a lot of sweat and a lot of pain.
I have never had hamstrings and glutes hurt that bad.
It hurt to sit on them and so far I have not figured out how to drive a sedan standing up.
So the next time we need to exorcise or exercise some demons let’s do it in a Piano Bar with Martinis or on a beach somewhere and burn them out with the noonday sun.
Oh, and the next time it is decided to exercise them in Spin Class, please put a notice on the door, “May be Hazardous to your Health” (Not Really) but at least hazardous to a sedentary set of glutes.

No comments: