Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Old Man

That is all I heard.
It sounded like, “it’s up to you old man”.
I reeled, "Old Man", somewhere inside a wheel turned, a door closed, a latch fell, it smelled of dark and decay.
It was as if I was a bug, reduced to a small greasy spot after hitting the windshield of life.
Just hearing the words suddenly made it real; I felt my shoulders slump, I was afraid to take the next step for fear I might shuffle.
I turned to face my tormentor; “Did you say Old Man”?
“No”, she laughed, “I am older than you”, I said, “It is up to you Cardio Man”.
Were did that cape come from; this tight fitting suit wasn’t here a minute ago and what great super hero boots.
I guess, "this is a job", for Cardio Man.
Life it appears is 99% perception and at least 1% reception.

2 comments:

Greg Donaldson said...

This is wearing me out just to read it. I guess I'll see you Friday to start the pain lessons.

Anonymous said...

You should hang out with my Little Iron Man, Kenny!