Saturday, March 20, 2010

What a Week

What a week this has been.
The Federal Legislative process grinds on and somebody is going to get crushed.
That is all I will say on that.
The Vatican has been embroiled in a widening scandal in Europe.
That is all I am going to say about that.
The President and The Pope both seem to have some issues and that is all I am going to say about that except maybe their people could arrange a lunch and they could discuss their issues over a healthy meal of Green Tea and salad.
The NCAA playoffs are in full swing and so far my favorite teams; Gonzaga and Xavier remain in the hunt. I keep hoping for a final four that includes Butler, Gonzaga, Xavier and Sienna but alas Sienna has already folded the tent this year.
Oh, and I guess Tiger Woods is going to play in the Masters at Augusta. Yawn!
A lot more has happened around this world but you can read about it or watch it on one of the 24-hour news networks.
Actually I prefer 24 hours of weather; At least it is always changing.
This was a full week in the gym, 10 to 12 hours, to be inexact. My goal, weigh in at 188 on Saturday morning. Many food demons were lurking, dinner with a group of my wife’s friends, Irish stew, Fish Pie, Salad and Chocolate Brownies.
The salad was tasty, the second helping of salad was tasty and the third helping of salad although tasty began to seem a bit much.
I did hit 188.8 on Saturday. Not where I wanted to be, 0.8 pounds over but close enough.
I finished the week with Boot Camp and training. Now I am tired and I will most likely take a recovery day because the next step is 184 and 10 chin-ups.
Then again I may go for the spinning class on Sunday after taking time for church or I may go play a round of golf although my slice is pretty bad this time of year and it vexes me; the Dali Lama said in his book “The Road To Happiness” to avoid vexing situations, so even golf may be out.
But I just can’t get excited about sitting home and watching instead of doing.
It seems to me the world stage as reported every day on the news is littered with clowns and I was never a great fan of clowns even in the circus.
So Maybe Anthony Newley had it right in “Stop The World-I want To Get Off
Otherwise I’ll visualize you in your gym on Monday, wherever that may be.

No comments: