Thursday, November 10, 2011

Medicare Part Deux

I told some people at he gym, "As soon as I get my Medicare Card I will take you all out for Pizza".
Surprise, you can't buy Pizza with a Medicare Card.
You can get open heart surgery, admitted to a hospital, a scooter, maybe a lift chair and on and on but by George you can't get Pizza.
Just goes to show, the Pizza Lobby wasn't big enough when the benefit design people were working on the card.
All joking aside the Medicare Card is kind of daunting.
Seems a lot of doc's are getting testy about seeing Medicare patients.
Plus now you need to buy so many different options.
Part A is for hospital care.
Part B takes care of the providers or so it is said but you really need to buy a Medicare Part B supplement and then you need Part D and if you fail to get Part D you are penalized later if you need to suddenly pick up Part D.
It is all rather confusing and I was a provider in the past and thought I understood a little about the program.
Well the gym is a whole lot more understandable.
Pick up that weight and do a curl followed by a overhead press.
Do that maybe 30 or 40 time.
Now do bent over flys with that weight maybe 30 or 40 times.
The trainer stands in front of me with a sly smile on her face as the sweat starts rolling down my forehead and back.
I actually pay to endure this pain because it is easier to "hurt" oneself when someone is standing over you.
I don't think too many people would push themselves to muscular failure especially when no one is looking.
The pain went on for about 30 minutes and then the trainer said, "Going to run"?
"Today is run day and looks like I am scheduled for one hour".
I went up to the cardio floor and found an empty treadmill.
I set the speed at five miles per hour, not much more than a really fast walk and headed out.
One hour later I had run five miles and as measured by the scale, had lost three pounds of water.
This was nothing other than a simple morning in the gym and I felt like I had been reborn.
Medicare Card or not I do think I might have some Pizza this weekend but only after the Saturday weigh-in.
I guess I will have to find some cash to get Pizza for the others

No comments: